Despite all the information on the web about Testosterone Boosters you still doubt about its effectivity. This article will shed light on your second thoughts in trying Testosterone boosters.
Testosterone, the seed of what it means to be a man. This remarkable hormone is a crucial one in both men and women but is produced in much higher quantities by males than females. It is responsible for virility, muscle mass, mental health, energy, bone density and the body’s ability to burn fat effectively.
With so many functions, it is not difficult to see why it is important for men (and even women) to find ways of ensuring that their testosterone levels are carefully regulated and boosted if need be.
Whether you are looking to boost your testosterone for better performance in the gym or the bedroom, or are concerned about having its deficiency treated for a healthier, more well-rounded lifestyle, here is some information on boosting your testosterone levels both naturally and with the use of quality supplements.
Do Testosterone Boosters Work?: Facts About TB's
What are Testosterone Boosters?
As their name would suggest, testosterone boosters are supplements that are designed to increase testosterone levels in the blood.
They come in various forms and doses depending on the needs and limitations of their users, and are used for a range of needs from treating a deficiency in the hormone to helping men bulk out, gain energy and live an overall healthier lifestyle.
But what exactly do these boosters do for the human body?
What does Testosterone Boosters do for the body?
The question is, do testosterone boosters work?
Increased levels of testosterone in the body can have a number of benefits:
- Firstly, since testosterone is closely tied to men's’ sexual characteristics, one can expect that boosted testosterone levels will increase your virility and bedroom performance while heightening your sex drive and energy.
- Secondly, testosterone helps the body process protein to help build and repair muscles in the body; and so when boosters are combined with high intensity exercise or weight lifting, their is an increase in muscle mass and strength.
- Testosterone is also essential for fat burning, so much so that often cases of obesity are treated with testosterone boosters. When combined with a strict diet and plenty of aerobic exercise, testosterone boosters will help you lose weight and get ripped fast.
- High levels of testosterone have also been linked to better mental performance including concentration and memory. Since the brain relies on plenty of natural fats and protein to perform optimally, and testosterone helps with the synthesis of such proteins (and can be naturally increased by eating natural fats), increasing your testosterone will make you a little smarter, a little more switched on and way more focused.
So it is clear that there are numerous advantages to increasing your testosterone with supplements and by natural means, but even so, the question still remains:
Are testosterone boosters safe to use? Can they cause more harm than good? And should you risk it?
Are Testosterone Boosters Safe to Use?
While testosterone boosters are largely beneficial for men who suffer from a deficiency in this hormone, there are a few concerns about its safety and side effects.
For most users, these treatments are perfectly safe when taken under the supervision of a doctor.
However, a fairly small number of men using testosterone supplements may experience side effects, including:
- Outbreaks of acne
- Troubled breathing during sleep
- Swelling in the breasts (or more commonly known as moobs)
- Swelling and tenderness in the ankles
These side effects, when they are experienced, usually show up fairly quickly after the treatment, but most men won’t experience them. In older men, testosterone treatments may cause an increased risk of cardiac arrest due to an increased red blood-cell count.
Physicians also show concerns about an increased risk in prostate cancer as a result of testosterone treatments; but most agree that under careful supervision, these risks can be kept in check. Because of this, it is important to ensure that any testosterone supplements or treatments are only taken under medical supervision and according to the advice and guidance of your doctor.
If you are already undergoing treatment and are worried about the impact it has on your health, be sure to see your doctor immediately.
Key Ingredients Found in Testosterone Supplements
Your average testosterone booster is jam packed with natural ingredients which are geared towards raising your energy levels and assisting with protein synthesis. Many people mistakenly liken them to steroids.
However, once you take a look at the ingredients which are found in most boosters, it becomes easy to understand why boosters do more good to the human body than they are given credit for:
- D-Aspartic acid: (which is an amino acid). This is used in the biosynthesis of proteins which helps build muscle and burn fat. Our bodies use proteins to repair and replace cells when they have been damaged; which is exactly what is happening when you buff out after an intense gym routine.
- B-Complex Vitamins: These include all of the known water soluble vitamins. They help keep the nerves and red blood cells healthy while ensuring that several critical body functions work properly. They also help combat fatigue.
- Ginseng: Found in multivitamins and energy boosters the world over. It is believed to lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels while reducing stress and anxiety.
- Mucana Pruriens: A tropical legume found in Africa and Asia. It regulates adrenaline, neural adrenaline and dopamine. It is also a potent antioxidant.
- Oyster Extract: We all know what oysters do for our libidos, they are one hell of an aphrodisiac, and oyster extract has more zinc per serving than just about any other food.
- Tribulus Terrestrus: Also called Devil’s Weed and is responsible for boosting strength and lean muscle. When combined with a strict exercise routine, users will likely see benefits in very little time.
- Zinc: Linked to the control of blood, the immune and digestive systems, as well as boosting metabolism.
- Vitamin D3: Maintains healthy bones and teeth while protecting against scores of diseases such as cancer, diabetes and sclerosis.
Can I Naturally Increase My Testosterone Levels?
As you can see, pretty much every ingredient in most testosterone boosters is pulled from natural ingredients, super foods and vitamins that should already be plentiful in our diets.
However, some people may still be unwilling to test out these boosters. So what can they do to naturally boost their testosterone levels?
- Losing weight: Eliminating all grains, milk and sugars from your diet will help your body generate more testosterone naturally. It is hard work, but overweight men generally have lower testosterone than normal, so removing these foods from your diet will help immensely.
- High intensity exercise: High intensity exercise has been shown to boost testosterone. Prolonged routines such as aerobics have actually been shown to lessen testosterone levels, so opt for short intensive bursts instead.
- Intermittent fasting: Intermittent fasting forces your body to make good use of its protein stores and encourages it to increase protein synthesis. The result of which is a boost in testosterone levels.
- Reduce stress: When under stress, your body produces high levels of cortisol, a hormone which blocks the effects of testosterone. Those who are perpetually stressed (a common problem in today’s world) are likely to produce way too much cortisol which could affect testosterone production in the long term. So meditate, do yoga and try not to worry so much.
There are as many benefits to boosting your testosterone levels as there are ways of doing it.
Whether you choose to undergo treatments with the guidance of a medical professional or simply wish to change your lifestyle to naturally produce more, the benefits of increased testosterone including libido, energy and mental functioning are all well worth the effort.