If you’re looking for a watch that can stand out from the crowd and has an interesting bit of history behind it, the Szanto Automatic Officer is worth checking out.
The first thing you’ll notice is its unique design. The Szanto Automatic Officer design is based on watches that officers wore on the front lines of WW1. They needed something strong and rugged for the battlefield that could also keep perfect time for synchronised manoeuvres. Then when returning from war, the general public saw the design and quality craftsmanship and fell in love instantly. Just like that, a legend of watchmaking was born and the rest is history.
While the front lines have shifted, and you’re more likely to march to the office than to the battlefield, there’s no reason to skimp on quality.
- Don’t fear going for a swim as these watches are water resistant to 100m
- The straps will get a beautiful patina over time as they’re made from genuine calf leather
- Hands and Indices glow in the dark for easy time keeping in the dark
- A high-quality Japanese Automatic 21 Jewel Movement ensures this watch is built for generations of ownership
- 316L Stainless Steel is used for the casing construction to ensure it can withstand anything life throws at it
- 43mm wide to look great on most wrists
Now you can still get these watches, but they’re more of an antique collector’s item. For something you can wear out day to day, the Szanto Automatic Officer is your go-to watch. The design is simple and timeless, updated with modern tech to ensure you can keep it for future generations to enjoy. Using the same quality materials from back in the day, these watches are just as tough and battle ready.